Sunday, May 26, 2013

Challenge #3 Chalkboard Base Wine Glasses (Success!!)

These are probably my favourite pinterest challenge so far as I was so happy with the way it turned out. It started with a purchase of large wine glasses from HomeSense and then the fun began. I bought a six pack of glasses for $12.99 and then I taped the stem where I wanted the paint to stop. 


After this I covered the rest of the glasses with old flyers and taped them in place. 

The original post dipped the bottoms into liquid paint. I decided for many reasons that I did not like this method and chose to use the spray paint option. 


I sprayed the base of each glass let it dry and applied a second coat once it was dry.


And this is the final product!


We tested these out last weekend with some homemade sangria! Five out of the six glasses turned out. The last one has to be redone as there was a spec on it and for some reason it dried glossy (I think this was because I added another coat because of the spec and it was drying at a cooler temperature).

Here is the original post:

No comments:

Post a Comment